Exam : Indian
Institute of Science, Bangalore
Examination Date :: 18
Date of Issue :: 20 Sep, 2008
Date of Submission :: 3 Nov, 2008
Entrance Examination for Design 2009 CEED 2009
Candidates must either have completed or be expecting to complete any of the
following, by July 2009:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture/ Design/ Interior Design,
2. Professional Diploma in Design NID/CEPT, or equivalent.
3. B.F.A. 4 year professional programme, after 10+2.
4. G.D. Art 5 year programme after 10th with one year professional experience.
5. Master’s degree in Arts / Science / Computer Applications Before applying
for CEED candidates must assure themselves that they are eligible to seek
admission to the specific programme they are interested in.
Application Procedure: CEED
Application Form may be submitted either ONLINE or OFFLINE
1. OFFLINE Application Form and Information Brochure can be obtained from the
GATE Office, IIT Bombay, on payment of nonrefundable application fee of Rs. 990
Rs. 495 only for SC/ST/PD Applicants) by crossed Demand Draft in favour of IIT
Bombay and payable at Mumbai. These can be collected personally at the GATE
Office counter, or can be obtained by post by sending a request letter along
with DD. Two address slips should be enclosed along with the request. Completed
application should be submitted to GATE Office, IIT Bombay, either at the
counter, or by Speed Post.
2. ONLINE submission can be made by accessing the website: www.iitb.ac.in/gate .
Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Mumbai, and Roorkee
Admission: CEED is a
qualifying examination for the following postgraduate programmes in design.
a. Master of Design Programmes IISc Bangalore: M.Des. in Product Design and
Engineering IIT Bombay: M.Des. in
1. Industrial Design
2. Visual Communication
4. Interaction Design IIT Delhi: M.Des. in Industrial Design IIT Guwahati:
M.Des. IIT Kanpur: M.Des. in Industrial Design.
GATE qualified candidates will also be considered for admission to these
b. Ph.D Programmes in Design in some of the above institutes Details may be
obtained from respective web sites.
Additional Information: 1.
Applying for Admission to Various Programmes: Qualifying in CEED does not
guarantee admission in any way. A candidate has to apply to respective
Institutes for admission and fulfill other requirements such as tests and
interviews of the respective institutions for admission.
2. A limited number of assistantships, based on merit, are available to CEED
qualified students, to pursue the programmes.
3. Candidates are encouraged to visit the respective institutes and meet the
students and faculty of the design programmes to discuss the eligibility
requirements and programme details. Reservation of seats in each institutes will
be asper the Govt. of India norms.