UPTU SEE 2010 Counseling
State Entrance Examination (SEE GBTU- 2010)
The counseling procedure is divided in two phases:
- Phase-I : Off-Campus On-Line Counseling (10.07.2010 TO
- Phase-II: On-Campus On-line Counseling First Counseling
( 15.07.2010 TO 10.08.2010)
Through computer screen, the counselees will have access, to
category-wise information regarding : –
(a) Number of candidates with higher merit who would have already
exercised their choices.
(b) Number of higher merit holders yet to exercise their choices.
(c) Current status of course-wise and institution-wise available seats.
The detailed procedure is described below:
Phase-I : Off-Campus On-Line Counseling
1. Soon after declaration of SEE-GBTU-2010 results, candidates found eligible
for counselling are required to exercise their initial choices of branches and
institutions through Internet (www.uptu.nic.in) from places of their
convenience. The candidates may contact the nearby Counselling Centres (CC) for
availing the Internet facility free of charge.
2. A candidate has to log on to the website
and click ‘Off-Campus’ Counselling button on the home page.
3. Login and password prompts will appear on the computer screen. Using the
instructions given on the screen, candidates are to enter the login ID and
password for which admit card would be required.
4. The procedure for exercising choices or seeking other information is menu
driven. It guides the candidates through appropriate messages on the computer
5. Information relating to institutions, disciplines (Engineering /
Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture, Hotel Management, MBA and MCA,Bio Tech.,BFAD),
branches (e.g. Electronics Engineering or Computer Science or Mechanical Engg.
etc.) and categories (UPGE or UPSC or UPBC or UPST etc.) will be available
through each relevant dropdown menu for the purpose of exercising choices as
well as for a feel of their competitive standing for their preferred choices
among the logged-in candidates.
6. The name of counseling centre will be displayed on computer screen during
7. The candidates are permitted, if they so desire, to change their choices,
delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times, based on the
information which will appear on the computer screen. The candidates are free to
consult their parents, teachers, friends and others for advice during Phase-I.
The off-campus counselling will facilitate the selection of the most appropriate
discipline, institution and branches / programme at candidates’ rank and in
their categories for submitting their final choices during on-campus counselling.
8. Choices will be processed and indicative seat allocation will be put on
the website at frequent intervals. The dates of next update of indicative seat
allocation will be specified on the website.
9. OFF CAMPUS COUNSELING IS ONLY A REHEARSAL
Phase-II : Part I – On-Campus On-Line Counseling First
Counseling (15.07.2010 TO 10.08.2010)
Eligible candidates will be required to report at only one counselling centre,
which will be displayed on computer screen during Phase-I. They will have to
stay there for two days. A list of counselling centres is also given in this
leaflet, and is also available on the website.
DAY ONE -The Counseling Day
1.On the first day of reporting (day one) as per schedule, the candidates
will proceed to the document verification counters for verification of their
certificates and admit card. Candidates are required to bring all certificates
in original along with one photocopy of each and four copies of their photograph
identical to the one pasted on the application form.
2. Thereafter the candidates will proceed to the fee collection counters.
Initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- .will be collected at the computerized fee
counters. The deposit is to be made through a crossed demand draft in favour of
Finance Officer,G.B. Technical University A/C SEE–GPTU:2010 payable at city
branch of applicant’s counselling centre. This amount will be transferred to the
allotted institution and adjusted in the fee to be deposited there. Here it is
to be noted that initial deposit will be through .Crossed Demand Draft and not
Account Payee.Rs. 5,000/-
3.The initial deposit of fees Rs. 5000/- is transferable to institution
concerned where the candidate is admitted. In case, the candidate does not take
admission in the college concerned for any reasons, howsoever, this deposit will
4. A Counselling fees Rs. 500/- is to be paid in shape of an ACCOUNT PAYEE
demand draft in favour of Finance Officer, G. B. Technical University A/C
SEE–GBTU:2010 payable at city branch of applicant’s counselling centre. Please
note that this amount is non-refundable and no any part of it will be refundable
at any stage after the candidate has reported for on-campus on-line counselling
at the counselling centre.
5. Any discrepancies related to date of birth, category, sub-category, sex
and state of eligibility in the computer record generated on the basis of
application form submitted earlier to SEE-GBTU-2010 by the candidate and in the
original certificates will be rectified by the competent authorities at the
counselling centre and their decision will be final in this regard. A printout
of the modified record will be given to the candidate.
6. Any change in the candidate’s name, father’s name and the status of
general category shall not be permitted under any circumstances.
7. Candidates must ensure in their own interest, that their state of
eligibility, categories, sub-categories, if any, are mentioned correctly on the
printout given to them.
8. After verification, the candidates will be required to exercise their
final choices of seats on-line by using choice to indicate the choice of
institution with Branch in order of their preference.
9. The current status of the available seats, will be continuously displayed
for the guidance of candidates.
10. The candidates will get a printout for each of the choice forms submitted
by them. A copy of each of these is to be signed by the candidate and returned
11. Candidates are advised to choose the college / branches taking into
consideration that his choice on DAY-ONE and the subsequent allotment on DAY-TWO
is once and final.
DAY TWO-The Allotment Day
1. The choices submitted through choice form on day one will be processed
centrally on the following day (day two) and the list of candidates who are
allotted an institution along with a branch for admission will be displayed on
the website. These candidates will be called in order of Rank for the issue of
seat allotment letter. The candidates must bring their copy of choice form along
with fee receipt to get the allotment letter.
2. After allotment of seat the candidates are required to deposite a account
payee Bank draft as part of college / institute fee Rs. 10,000/- for general &
OBC category candidates and Rs. 4,000/- for SC & ST category candidates at
respective counselling centre within three days of issue of allotment letter,
failing which the seat alloted will be cancelled. Candidate may submit the draft
on the day of allotment of letter also as per his/her convenience. Draft should
be drawn in favour of “Finance Officer, Uttar Pradesh Technical University,
Lucknow payable at city branch of applicant’s counselling centre. Fee deposit at
counselling centre will be adjusted towards the fee to be deposited at
institute/college of admission.
3. For admission in the institute, the candidates are to report to the
allotted institution upto –/–/—- along with allotment letter, photocopy of all
demand drafts submitted at counselling centre and all fee receipts issued from