(Eligibility) Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST)
- M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
Additionally, some institutes accept B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech.
in disciplines of Applied Physics and Mathematics, as listed below.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics
and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA,
JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER
- M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics will be
cnsidered at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be
considered at IPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or
Biochemistry will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys.will be considered at TIFR.
- M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related
disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline,
with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech - Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- Bachelor’s degree in science/ mathematics/ /statistics /computer
science/information technology/Engineering will considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical /
Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications /
Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum
of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR,
Integrated M.Sc. / Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- Bachelor’s degree in science/ mathematics/ statistics /computer
science/information technology/Engineering. All candidates successful in the
course work of this programme shall be awarded an M.Sc. degree.
Integrated M.Tech - Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and
Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
M. Sc. Programme at HRI.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The
Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.