Indian Institute of Technology
IITB Research Internship Awards: 2011-12
About The Awards:
IITB Research Internship Award is designed to be an
educational and professional research experience. These awards are available for
specific research projects. The details of these projects are made available to
the candidates so that they can apply for projects of their interest and can
prepare themselves well for a rigorous selection procedure. The number of
interns will be restricted to the number of projects available. The selected
interns are required to work full time for four to six months on the project and
will be given a fixed stipend of Rs. 10,000/- per month. Accommodation may be
provided subject to availability.
Should be in the Second year of a Masters program, or third / fourth year of a
Bachelors program. Branch / discipline of study will be as per the project
requirements specified by IIT Bombay Faculty (Internship Guide).
Should be among the top 10% in all the previous years in your discipline in the
College / University / Institute. A certificate from the Principal to this
effect will have to be submitted at the time of applying.
Should be a full-time student while applying and till the completion of the
Internship. You may submit a partial project report before (e.g., in April) the
completion of the Internship (e.g., in June) if the academic calendar of your
College / Institute / University requires you to do so, with the prior consent
of the Internship Guide.
Should be able to work full-time for the Internship. Part-time internship is not
allowed. A certificate to the effect that there are no course work requirements
during the internship period has to be submitted at the time of applying.
- The selection procedure consists of preliminary screening of applications,
followed by test/ interviews.
Selection criteria will include consistently brilliant academic performance
(relative rank in the class/University), work carried out by the student besides
his regular academic work, participation/recognition in competitions such as
Techfest, Olympiads, National Talent Search Exams, and performance in the
- Return train fare by the shortest route (IInd / Sleeper Class) will be paid to
outstation candidates called for interview. You will have to submit the ticket
for onward journey and photocopy of the ticket for the return journey.
- Interviews are likely to be held during the second half of November 2011.
- Accommodation will be provided subject to availability.
How To Apply:
The application process consists of an online application to be submitted
through this webpage. A link to appropriate forms will be available here when
the application process begins. Please read the description and eligibility
criteria carefully before filling the application form.
- It is mandatory to register before filling the application form.
- After clicking on the above link kindly click on the "New Applicants register
- Fill in the mandatory fields to get registered.
- Login to fill the application form with your new username and password.
- Please click on the last line mentioning IITB RESEARCH INTERNSHIP AWARDS 2011-12
(Please do not use this link for Position under Project given in Job
- Last Date for submission of Application form October 15, 2011
- Tentative Dates for Interview 15th -30th November 2011
- Duration of Internship December 2011 to June 2012