General Instructions for Online Examination
1. Total duration of examination is 180 minutes.
2. The clock will be set at the server. The countdown timer in the top right
corner of screen will display the remaining time available for you to complete
the examination. When the timer reaches zero, the examination will end by
itself. You will not be required to end or submit your examination.
3. The Question Palette displayed on the right side of screen will show the
status of each question using one of the following symbols:
The Marked for Review status for a question simply indicates that you would
like to look at that question again. If a question is answered and Marked for
Review, your answer for that question will be considered in the evaluation.
Navigating to a Question :
4. To answer a question, do the following:
- Click on the question number in the Question Palette to go to that
numbered question directly.
- Click on Save &Next to save your answer for the current question and
then go to the next question.
- Click on Mark for Review & Next to save your answer for the current
question, mark it for review, and then go to the next question.
Caution: Note that your answer for the current question will not be
saved, if you navigate to another question directly by clicking on its question
5. You can view all the questions by clicking on the Question Paper button.
Note that the options for multiple choice type questions will not be shown.
Answering a Question :
6. Procedure for answering a multiple choice type question:
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option
again or click on the Clear Response button
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option
- To save your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next buttonTo save
your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next button
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next
7. To change your answer to a question that has already been answered, first
select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering
that type of question.
8. Note that questions for which option has been chosen and answers are saved
or marked for review will be considered for evaluation
9. ¼ (one fourth) marks i.e. one mark will be deducted for indicating
incorrect response of each question. No deduction from the total score
will be made if no response is indicated for a question.
Click Here For Official Notice
Courtesy : JEE Main